cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Site-to-Site IPSec between SR520W-FE and SR520-FE

malough_j
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem getting traffic to flow both ways through the S2S IPSec VPN I was getting help with in the VPN section; I was referred to the firewall section, as it was guessed to be a firewall issue https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3255411#3255411

Router A (or the "office" SR520W-FE router) can ping from the subnet 10.15.0.0/24 to Router B (or the "pit" SR520-FE router) subnet 10.15.1.0/24.

but, cannot ping from Router B subnet to Router A subnet.  Also, devices behind Router A loose the ability to get onto the internet; yet, VPN clients and port forwarded services can connect from the internet.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

login to the router with a priv. 15 account. Get into "conf t" mode and copy and paste what Prpanch provided.

router#conf t

class-map type inspect ICMP

match prot icmp

policy-map type inspect sdm-inspect-voip-in

class type inspect ICMP

inspect

end

-KS

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

manasjai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeffry,

1) Router A (or the "office" SR520W-FE router) can ping from the subnet  10.15.0.0/24 to Router B (or the "pit" SR520-FE router) subnet  10.15.1.0/24.

but, cannot ping from Router B subnet to Router A  subnet.

we have zbf configured on both the routers which might be dropping the packets .

I request you to do the following on both the routers :

1. enable logging buffered at level 7

2. Now, put in the command ip inspect log drop-pkt on both the routers.

3. initiate the ping from 10.15.1.x to 10.15.0.y

4. Finally on both the routers, collect the outputs of :

sh log | in 10.15.1.x and sh log | in 10.15.0.y

The ip inspect log drop-pkt would log all the packets dropped by the firewall. If you could send these outputs, we should be able to figure if ZBF is dropping the packets.

2) Also, devices behind Router A loose the ability to get onto the  internet; yet, VPN clients and port forwarded services can connect from  the internet.

I request you to let me know when do internal users loose connectivity to the internet ??

Cheers,

Manasi!!

i did what you asked, and see dropped ICMP packed from 10.15.1.254 when trying to ping 10.15.0.2

internet does not work once i change the access lists.  but port forward and vpn clients can connect.

Hi Jeffry,

Based on the log it's being dropped by class-default on policy-map associated to zone-pair "sdm-zp-out-in".

Please create a new class-map for icmp as below and let us know how it goes!!

match prot icmp

class type inspect ICMP

inspect

Cheers,

Prapanch

Could someone point me a document on how to perform this?  I am still learning how to configure via the CLI in IOS

Thanks

login to the router with a priv. 15 account. Get into "conf t" mode and copy and paste what Prpanch provided.

router#conf t

match prot icmp

class type inspect ICMP

inspect

end

-KS

Thanks, I am able to ping devices each direction.  But devices are unable to get on the internet.  a ping command to the gateway from the ISP on the WAN connection (FastEthernet4) does not produce a reply.

also the computers on 10.15.1.0/24 are unable to connect to the RDP service on the servers 10.15.0.1 and 10.15.0.2.  Firewall on these servers is disabled.

Is it something perhaps to do with the ACL?

malough_j
Level 1
Level 1

well i feel dumb.  turns out that i had the access-list 104 reversed, ie what SHOULD have gone in at the Pit was entered into the OFFICE!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card