cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Site to Site Tunnel on Management Interface

cslitb
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a site to site tunnel configured between a Pix 515e and ASA 5520.  I am currently tunneling traffic from two interfaces on the ASA 5520 to the Pix 515e.  Does anyone know if you can tunnel traffic from the Management 0/0 interface of the ASA 5520 to the Pix 515e?  I have not been able to get it to work.  I have applied the no management-only command on the Management 0/0 interface.

5 Replies 5

Ivan Martinon
Level 7
Level 7

This is expected behavior, traffic will not flow through the interface Management unless it is defined as no management interface.

On the Management Interface, I have issues the no management-only command.  Is there something else I need to do to remove the management only functions?

Just issueing "no management-only" should allow traffic to go through, assuming all other setting are complete.

I can access devices on the Management 0/0 interface from the Inside Interface, so the Managament Interface is passing traffic.  Any other ideas?

So what happens is that traffic that is on the management interface cannot reach the network on the 515 side via de vpn tunnel so far? if that is the case, do you have the proper crypto acls and no nat statements defined? can you post your config?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card