cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

smartnet for asa5505

mmuthiah72
Level 1
Level 1

I recently bought a ASA5505 unlimited user for home use and will it come with the latest firmware/software?  (i bought it froma amazon).

Also i'm looking for buying smartnet for this device, i need support as well device replacement (response time doesnt matter), what is the best option i need to buy (i saw i can buy smartnet in CDW)

Thanks for any help.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you got it from a legitimate reseller on Amazon, it will be eligible for a Smartnet service contract. CON-SNT-AS5ULBK9 would be the correct line item.

If it was grey market / personal resale, you may not be able to get Smartnet support. CDW (or whomever) should be validating your device with Cisco by serial number.

View solution in original post

You're welcome.

The Smartnet contract is a one year price. You get Cisco TAC support and hardware coverage for that year.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you got it from a legitimate reseller on Amazon, it will be eligible for a Smartnet service contract. CON-SNT-AS5ULBK9 would be the correct line item.

If it was grey market / personal resale, you may not be able to get Smartnet support. CDW (or whomever) should be validating your device with Cisco by serial number.

Thanks for the reply. I talked to cisco and they confirmed that i need purchase smartnet as well for my device

I will purchase that smartnet service, will that be covered for lifetime or 1 year?

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/Cisco-SMARTnet-extended-service-agreement/1078996.aspx

You're welcome.

The Smartnet contract is a one year price. You get Cisco TAC support and hardware coverage for that year.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: