Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP configuration for FTD

Fairytale16
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I wonder if anybody can assist me with the problem.

I have 2 systems. Both version 6.4

FMC-1 with 2 FTD (2110) version 6.4

FMC-2 with 2 FTD (4110) version 6.4

When I get to FMC-1 -> Devices -> Device Management -> FTD

I can see the SNMP tab. However, when I get to FMC-2 same path, the SNMP tab is missing.

See the screens attached.

Could you please advise if I missing any configs for FMC-2 with FTD 4110.

Kind regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As @Sheraz.Salim is alluding, we manage the hardware platform's SNMP settings from FMC (or FDM if locally-managed) for 1000 series and 2100 series (as well as the brand new 3100 series).

For 4100 series and 9300 series, SNMP for the hardware is configured via the Firepower Chassis Manager (FCM) GUI (or the fxos CLI). In FCM, go to Platform Settings > SNMP.

In all FMC-managed cases, SNMP for the SOFTWARE instance of Cisco Secure Firewall (aka FTD) is set via the platform settings associated with the managed device.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

From a hardware point of view, there are currently two major architectures for the Firepower NGFW appliances: the Firepower 2100 series and the Firepower 4100/9300 series.

Firepower 4100/9300 devices have a dedicated interface for device management and this is the source and destination for the SNMP traffic addressed to the FXOS subsystem. On the other hand, the FTD application uses a LINA interface (data and/or diagnostic. In post-6.6 FTD releases the FTD management interface can be used as well) for the SNMP configuration.

Here and Here 

please do not forget to rate.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As @Sheraz.Salim is alluding, we manage the hardware platform's SNMP settings from FMC (or FDM if locally-managed) for 1000 series and 2100 series (as well as the brand new 3100 series).

For 4100 series and 9300 series, SNMP for the hardware is configured via the Firepower Chassis Manager (FCM) GUI (or the fxos CLI). In FCM, go to Platform Settings > SNMP.

In all FMC-managed cases, SNMP for the SOFTWARE instance of Cisco Secure Firewall (aka FTD) is set via the platform settings associated with the managed device.

@Marvin Rhoads This is correct what you mentioned. i just check my FTD 4100 Firewall. For 4100/9300 series SNMP hardware config is done from FCM (Firepower Chassis Manager) GUI

SNMP.PNG

please do not forget to rate.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card