cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

snmp version 3 on Pix 515E version 7.0 ????

skerrin
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone advise if snmp version 3 is supported on any release of version 7 PIX. And if not, does Cisco plan to support it on PIX? I can find no information relating to snmp v3 on PIX; the only reference seen is to switches and routers. ta in advance

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

fzamora
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Version 7.0(1) adds support for SNMPv2c, providing new services including 64-bit counters (useful for packet counters on Gigabit Ethernet interfaces) and support for bulk MIB data transfers. Additionally, Version 7.0 includes SNMPv2 MIB (RFC 1907), and the IF-MIB (RFCs 1573 and 2233) and the Cisco IPSec Flow Monitoring MIB, giving complete visibility into VPN flow statistics including tunnel uptime, bytes/packets transferred, and more.

Answering your question, version 3 unfortunately is not supported.

Hope it helps.

Franco Zamora

View solution in original post

Hi Sean,

I'm happy I could help you out. Please remember to rate my response.

Have a great day!

Franco Zamora

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

fzamora
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Version 7.0(1) adds support for SNMPv2c, providing new services including 64-bit counters (useful for packet counters on Gigabit Ethernet interfaces) and support for bulk MIB data transfers. Additionally, Version 7.0 includes SNMPv2 MIB (RFC 1907), and the IF-MIB (RFCs 1573 and 2233) and the Cisco IPSec Flow Monitoring MIB, giving complete visibility into VPN flow statistics including tunnel uptime, bytes/packets transferred, and more.

Answering your question, version 3 unfortunately is not supported.

Hope it helps.

Franco Zamora

Franco,

Thanks for speedy response. You confirmed what I thought and had seen documented. It's reassuring to know that I hadn't missed some crucial bit of info hidden in the depths of Cisco's website!!

Thanks for help

Sean

Hi Sean,

I'm happy I could help you out. Please remember to rate my response.

Have a great day!

Franco Zamora

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card