Views
Helpful
Replies

Sourcefire Defense Center with New Cisco Firepower 7115

amin.mohamed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a customer who has DC3500 with 18 Sourcefire NGIPS registered on it.

this Customer requires to add additional NGIPS 7115 to the existing DC3500.

my Question is, Will the registration of new 7115 to DC3500 will be smooth or not?

regards, Mohamed Amin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure - as long as you have the licenses to apply on the new sensor. The DC 3500 (now known as Firesight 3500) is rated for up to 150 managed sensors (devices) and 300,000 hosts/users.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure - as long as you have the licenses to apply on the new sensor. The DC 3500 (now known as Firesight 3500) is rated for up to 150 managed sensors (devices) and 300,000 hosts/users.

Thanks Marvin,

I will order FP7115 with IPS license. will be any additional license should be ordered to add FP7115 to the Firesight 3500?

regards, Mohamed Amin

Mohammed,

Your Cisco partner or reseller has access to the Ordering Guides that walk them through the proper part numbers for all the product offerings. It's best to consult with them as the options and packaging change over time and according to your hardware and software needs, length of subscription contract desired, etc. If they are not familiar with it, please ask them to check for "Ordering Guide for Legacy Sourcefire and Related Cisco Offerings"

A new 7115 with IPS only would require the base Control license (automatically included when purchasing the hardware - no separate license purchase required) and an IPS license. The IPS license is part number FP7115-TA-LIC= with an attached service subscription for either 1 or 3 years. (FP7115-TA-1Y or FP7115-TA-3Y).

Those licenses are installed on the sensor appliance via the Firesight Management Center.

Thanks Marvin,

Regards,

Mohamed Amin

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card