Views
Helpful
Replies

SSM10 update fails with tuned signatures

tiwang
Level 3
Level 3

Hi out there

I have a problem with a SSM10 module in a ASA5520 which has got the signature tuned - there is a lot of tuned signatures defined on it under active signatures - and this is split on three vs.

For some time the signature update has started failing - since 690.0 - I have been running a tac case on it and they told me to reset all tuned signatures to default settings. Well - after I did this I was able to update again - but now are my signatures in default settings. Since no-one can remember here why there where modified (and maybe a bit poor documentation on what had been done) I am not sure what impact the resetting has so of course I would prefer to restore the settings as they where before my update. But accourding to the tac engenieer I cannot backupå and restore the tuned values ? Can this be - what is that with that tuned values are not "supported" ??

best regards ti

1 Reply 1

jocamare
Level 4
Level 4

There is no way to back to the custom values, because well...they were custom.

The unit is not going to keep trace of those changes, so that is lost forever.

The signatures on the unit can be tunned depending on the scenario and customer's requests, so if a signature is tunned or created, cisco can't really guarantee it will work as you want.

Cisco can do that with default-configured signatures.

Next time you do something that radical, create a backup of the config.

This applies for any device.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card