cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

stop balloon popups

firestartest
Level 1
Level 1

Is there an easy way to stop balloon messages from appearing on the agent? I know you can manually right click on the icon, Just wondered if theres a policy you can create or setting you can change on the agent kit.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

pcomeaux
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi -

Have you considered running the Agent in No User Interaction mode?

thanks

peter

Yes, but we need the user to be able to respond to queries.

We want the icon there but dont want the little baloon messages. I know there is a registry change that stops this happening but don't know how to do it within CSA MC.

Ok - I understand.

When faced with a similar situation with Port 1900 causing lots of blocks by CSA, I decided to disable logging of this rule at a customer's location.

Protection was still provided, but no further logs were sent back to the CSA MC for this event and no balloon messages are seen on the client machines.

I decided it was not worth all the log space nor the balloon messages.

Would this be a similar situation or do you not want to see balloon messages for all events?

thanks

peter

Hi

It would be similar but, I would still need logs to be send to the managent center. Just stop the balloons appearing over the icon. If you modify the registry HKCU\Software\Okena\Cisco Security Agent dword KEY "BalloonPopupsDisabled" DWORD=00000001 the balloons stop appearing. There must be an easier way to turn this off.

Hey there -

I've contacted a member of the product team for CSA and he has filed your feature request as an enhancement for a future release. When implemented, this will allow you to manage this centrally from the CSA MC.

thanks

peter

LisaNichols
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I am was wondering about and searching for balloons then this website came up in my search results and I opened the discussion, I found that they are talking about a new feature that is going to released soon. I have a question is the feature released? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: