Views
Helpful
Replies

Supported Device list for NAC

thomasandy32
Level 1
Level 1

Dear's,

The Supported device list below by cisco does'nt support Express 500 as a Edge deployment but in my network i m having Express 500 and they are passing packets through NAC they are supported.How ?????????  Can anybody brief me abt this.

Also can i find the list of supported HP switches.???????

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/appliance/support_guide/switch_spt.html#wp82850

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK,

Good, then there is nothing to worry about.

That table of supported switches is only showing the supported switches where you can plug the CASes.

Bear in mind the title of the table: "Switch Support for CAS Virtual Gateway In-Band/OOB VLAN Mapping Feature".

If you are using the switch as an access switch in InBand, then we do not care about the switch...

Regarding HP support, there are no HP switches support for Edge/Central CAS deployment.

HTH,
Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tiago Antunes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Thomas,

Please note that when something is not supported it does not necessarily mean it does not work...

It may work, but the full features may not work and tests with this plataforms were not made.

Now, just for the sake of curiosity can you please clarify exactly what is the role of the Exp500 switches on you NAC deployment?

Is there any CAS connected to it?

Is the any OOB deployment and somehow you are managing this switches from the CAM?

HTH,
Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Hello Tiago,

Now, just for the sake of curiosity can you please clarify exactly what  is the role of the Exp500 switches on you NAC deployment?

They are placed on access layer and end user are connected to it.

Is there any CAS connected to it?

I have deployed NAC in layer 2 IB Virtual Gateway Doing WSUS updates for host. I changed one of the End user to Auth vlan and he was able to login and passed host posture assessment.I have seen the device and user in online user tab.

Is the any OOB deployment and somehow you are managing this switches from the CAM?

NAC is IB virtual Gateway.There is no deployment of OOB.

Thanks,

OK,

Good, then there is nothing to worry about.

That table of supported switches is only showing the supported switches where you can plug the CASes.

Bear in mind the title of the table: "Switch Support for CAS Virtual Gateway In-Band/OOB VLAN Mapping Feature".

If you are using the switch as an access switch in InBand, then we do not care about the switch...

Regarding HP support, there are no HP switches support for Edge/Central CAS deployment.

HTH,
Tiago

--

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card