cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The number of ASDM sessions has exceeded 5 on ASA5520 running 8.2(1)

dguse
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ASA 5520 running version 8.2(1) and I am having an issue with ASDM sessions.

I can SSH into the ASA and have tried to clear the sessions but they do not clear as per below.

largoGW# sh asdm session
0 dguselnx
1 dguselnx
2 dguselnx
3 dguselnx
4 dguselnx
largoGW# confi t
largoGW(config)# asdm disconnect 0
largoGW(config)# asdm disconnect 1
largoGW(config)# asdm disconnect 2
largoGW(config)# asdm disconnect 3
largoGW(config)# asdm disconnect 4
largoGW(config)# exit
largoGW# sh asdm session
0 dguselnx
1 dguselnx
2 dguselnx
3 dguselnx
4 dguselnx
largoGW#

An interesting point: the host dguselnx is my linux based computer that I am using to SSH to the ASA. I do not connect via ASDM from this device so it is strange that the hostid for the asdm sessions is showing as my linux host and not my Windows laptop (that I am trying to connect via ASDM from).

Any suggestions?

Darren

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Darren,

No, you should be fine with the upgrade since it is just a maintenance release. It just contains bug fixes and won't have any new features or syntax differences.

-Mike

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

dguse
Level 1
Level 1

Just logged out of the SSH session and SSH'd in from my Windows laptop via putty and asdm sessions are gone.

And I can log back in via ASDM ? ? not sure why.

Darren

mirober2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Darren,

The "dguselnx" hostname you see there comes from whatever you have configured in the 'name' section of the ASA's config. My guess is you probably have an old name configured that maps "dguselnx" to your Windows laptop IP.

As for the stuck sessions, a reload will clear those out if the 'asdm disconnect' command does not. There are a handful of management traffic bugs in 8.2(1), so I would suggest an upgrade to 8.2(4) as you do the reload as well to prevent the problem from coming back in the future.

Hope that helps.

-Mike

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the quick response. Yes, the dguselnx is a named host but it is my linux box.. anyway right after my last post the ASA restarted itself. I have downloaded 8.2(4) and have it ready to restart again with that version and updated ASDM ver 6.4(1) and will load at first opportunity.

Are there any issues I need to watch out for with the upgrade from 8.2(1)?

Thank you,

Darren

Hi Darren,

No, you should be fine with the upgrade since it is just a maintenance release. It just contains bug fixes and won't have any new features or syntax differences.

-Mike

Well, looks like the upgrade solved the issue.

Thank you for all your help!

Darren

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card