cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Translate 1 public ip into 2 local web portals

Charles_Chi4
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, i have problems in translating 1 public ip into 2 local web servers.

I've already use global(outside) and nat (inside) command to set the dynamic NAT but i can't access web using that public ip.

Before, i translate one of the local web server to that ip public and it works using static nat.

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Charles

Are your web servers using the same port ?

If so you won't be able to use the same public IP for both web servers. If they are using different ports then you will.

Jon

steve_steele
Level 1
Level 1

Presumably you will not want users of either website to type in a port number.

AS you are dealing with only one external ip address and one port you can only direct this to one internal web server.

One option is to purchase another IP address and use a separate fully qualified domain name. ( a common example of this would be to point www.mycompany.com to 1.1.1.1 and mail.mycompany.com to 2.2.2.2 where www points to the normal webserver and mail.mycompany.com points to an outlook web access server)

You could do it with only the one ip by writing a script on one webserver that looks for the typed url and redirects according ly

In asp that would be something on the lines of...

Url=request.servervariables("URL")

if Url = "mail.mycompany.com" then

response.redirect "www.mycompany.com:81"

end if

not really a cisco solution but it should work fine.

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card