Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to find etherchannel in FMC 6.5.0.2 with FTDv-2130 6.3.0

MedTiti92
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a FTDv-2130 version 6.3.0 managed by a FMC with version 6.5.0.2; and i can't find etherchannel in main page of the device when i want to add an etherchannel interface. see below the picture.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@MedTiti92 because an etherchannel is a virtual interface, so in the virtual environment you'd be bundling 2 or more virtual interfaces into another virtual interface. There is no benefit doing that, hence why it's not supported.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

@MedTiti92 

Etherchannel is only supported on physical hardware not virtual appliances (FTDv or ASAv).

@Rob Ingram 

i understand that Etherchannel is supported on physical hardware, so why in my FTDv i don't have this ...

@MedTiti92 because an etherchannel is a virtual interface, so in the virtual environment you'd be bundling 2 or more virtual interfaces into another virtual interface. There is no benefit doing that, hence why it's not supported.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I do not believe that the Virtual version support Port-channel.

I do have implementation for the hardware it supports.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/firepower-ngfw/215351-configure-verify-and-troubleshoot-port.html#anc13

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: