Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Lunch ASDM on ASA5505

Loay Shamasna
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ALL

I just bough a Cisco ASA5505 device, I need to lunch the ASDM and I end up with an error ((cannot display the page)) or ((you have to enable TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, TLS 1.2)) even they are already enabled in my browser. Then I went step by step to troubleshoot the issue and I found the 3DES is not enabled! I went to Cisco website and generated activation key using my ASA serial number, when I did try to activated it I get this message ((The requested key is the SAME as the flash permanent activation-key. The flash activation key will not be modified. )) when I try to enable the 3DES using the (ssl encryption rc4-sha1 aes128-sha1 aes256-sha1 3des-sha1) command I get this error (( The 3DES/AES algorithms require a VPN-3DES-AES activation key.)) .

SO please Help

Thank you

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you perhaps have a non-crypto image installed?

Please let us know the boot image filename (show ver | i bin").

View solution in original post

You have the npe-k8 image. npe means no payload encryption or no crypto.

You need an image without 'npe' in the name in order to use ASDM with a modern browser that will not allow you to use the relatively insecure transport that the npe image limits you to. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you perhaps have a non-crypto image installed?

Please let us know the boot image filename (show ver | i bin").

Thank you Marvin for the quick response

I am not sure if this non-crypto image !! How I know??

The image file name is: disk0:/asa832-nap-k8.bin

Thanks

You have the npe-k8 image. npe means no payload encryption or no crypto.

You need an image without 'npe' in the name in order to use ASDM with a modern browser that will not allow you to use the relatively insecure transport that the npe image limits you to. 

from where I can get that image ?? I am not participate on Cisco support !! or do I have to return this Device and buy another one?? I just bought this brand new off eBay.

Sorry but that's the downside of buying off of eBay.  It's used and not brand new, running many years old software and originally sold in a restricted export market. 

It's not permited to download software which you don't have entitlement to. Giving advice on how to go about doing such would violate terms of use of this community. 

You might consider purchasing Cisco support - it's relatively inexpensive for a 5505

I understand that Marvin, Thank you So much for the help I really wasted almost a week on this Device with no luck.

Thank you again

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card