cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to update to 6.2

mcvosi
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently running 6.1.0.3 on my sensors and when attempting to go to 6.2 I get the following:

This update is intended for software versions greater than or equal to 6.1.0 and less than 6.2.0-362

Do I need to downgrade to an older 6.1 release?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dinesh Verma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since sensors are on 6.1.0.3 and you're trying to upgrade them to 6.2.0, there shouldnt be any issue while upgrading. 

I assume this error might be because you're selecting the upgrade file which is not supported for the type of sensor you've.

Do you see this line as well in error message: "No valid appliances available for..." ?

Let me know type of sensor you've (Model) and snapshot of update patch you're trying to install. This would help us fix it.

Regards,
Dv

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Dinesh Verma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since sensors are on 6.1.0.3 and you're trying to upgrade them to 6.2.0, there shouldnt be any issue while upgrading. 

I assume this error might be because you're selecting the upgrade file which is not supported for the type of sensor you've.

Do you see this line as well in error message: "No valid appliances available for..." ?

Let me know type of sensor you've (Model) and snapshot of update patch you're trying to install. This would help us fix it.

Regards,
Dv

Yes, that's what I'm seeing. I'm running dual 5515-X. 

Also a screenshot of the file name you're trying to upgrade to. if not screenshot then just paste the upgrade patch file name you're trying to install.

Cisco_Network_Sensor_Upgrade-6.2.0-362.sh

OK, I re-downloaded the upgrade script and it seems to be working now.

Thx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card