cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade to FMCv300?

m1xed0s
Spotlight
Spotlight

I have a FMCv currently in vCenter and speced with 8vCPU and 32GB ram.

I want to move to FMCv300. There are two licenses related to FMCv300: SF-FMC-VMW-25-300 and SF-FMC-VMW-300-K9. I assume I would need the “SF-FMC-VMW-25-300” in my case to move my FMC to FMCv300? If so, what would be the high-level procedure to perform this kinda upgrade? For example, can I assume I would need to deploy a brand new FMCv no matter which SKU I purchased and then migrate my existing configuration over? Then re-register FTDs?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @m1xed0s,

SKU SF-FMC-VMW-25-300 can only be assuming you already have FMCv for 25 devices. In other cases, you woulld need to order SF-FMC-VMW-300-K9, as a separate/new purchase. Once purchased, it would end up on your SA, and from there you can either do an upgrade to FMCv300, or have a brand new license (I never did this myself for Firepower, but with experience with other SKU upgrades, I would assume it can't be much different).

For technical migration of one model to another, please check this link. It contains instructions how to perform migration task.

Kind regards,

Milos

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

check the ordering guide and understand the model you looking for.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/secure-firewall/guide-c07-737902.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks, but that doesn’t help. I got the SKUs I referenced from the ordering guide. But the guide does not provide any information on how to even utilize the upgrade SKU…

Hi @m1xed0s,

SKU SF-FMC-VMW-25-300 can only be assuming you already have FMCv for 25 devices. In other cases, you woulld need to order SF-FMC-VMW-300-K9, as a separate/new purchase. Once purchased, it would end up on your SA, and from there you can either do an upgrade to FMCv300, or have a brand new license (I never did this myself for Firepower, but with experience with other SKU upgrades, I would assume it can't be much different).

For technical migration of one model to another, please check this link. It contains instructions how to perform migration task.

Kind regards,

Milos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card