cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Urgent help needed, ASA 5516x not responding

adel85
Level 1
Level 1

there is a bug that makes my company's ASA 5516x suddenly stop responding, its powered on and lights going off and on like its operational but nothing is responding 

no data going through, no access ssh nor console is working (its like your PC on and nothing working),

i would have to restart the firewall manually to make it work again

what can cause such thing because i kept looking into this matter without any solution

version : 9.8(2)

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It could be a hardware failure. I would recommend opening a TAC case for immediate resolution.

I dont have support with cisco co its not possible to open TAC with them

Well if your hardware is broken and you don't have support you have to either get new hardware or buy support. what you describe sounds like a hardware failure more than anything else. No support forum can fix that problem for you.

A basic support contract for an ASA 5516-X is only US$911 (list price) for a year. That will entitle you to TAC assistance, next business day replacement of failed hardware and download of new software.

cmarva
Level 4
Level 4

you're not using TCP based syslogging by chance, are you?

Wait, why? We are using TCP based syslogging via AlertLogic... We have loads of network issues. Tell me more!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card