cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

URL Filter & Malware License renewal - after both expired Policy Warnings

spiegelc
Level 1
Level 1

I just loaded both license for URL Filter & Malware.  Status of license shows valid.  However my policy has these warnings.

Block Unacceptable URLs - Error: This rule requires a URL Filtering license, but at least one device does not have a URL Filtering license.
Log HTTP&HTTPS - Error: This rule requires a Malware license, but at least one device does not have a Malware license.

When I try to deploy the policy to the device, Receive this error:

Deployment failed due to configuration error. 

I restarted the processes on the SFR Service Module.

Is there something additionally I have to do?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jetsy Mathew
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello 

How many SFR modules you have ?

Each SFR modules requires each license separately . Also verify that you got the right license according to the ASA model that you have.

Navigate to the System > Licenses and verify if each of the sensors are having license assigned.

Its clear that if the Licenses are not there , then you cannot manage the devices using Access Control policies.

Also if you confirm that the appropriate licenses are there , then check under Devices > Device Management > Check if the licenses are disabled .

If the licenses are disabled then you can edit the Devices option and enable it and save the changes .

Rate if this answer helps.

Regards

Jetsy 

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you assigned the licenses installed on your FMC to the managed sensor(s)?

I am not sure how to do this?  I can see the license is installed, but does not seem to be in use.

Thank you, based on what Jetsy said above, I found in device Management.  The License boxes became unchecked, I assume due to the license expiry.  Thank you for your response.

Hello spiegelc

Thanks for checking.

Are you able to edit it or is the options are greyed out ?

Regards

Jetsy 

Hi Jetsy,

I was able to edit and check the boxes for both Malware & URL Filtering.  Now the license does show both installed and in use.  Thank you for taking the time to help me resolve this issue.  Had been working with licensing support since Thursday.

Hello spiegelc

Glad that it worked for you .

Feel free to write to support forums .

Happy Monday :-)

Regards

Jetsy 

Hello,

What if the option is greyed out?

-- Neelima

Jetsy Mathew
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello 

How many SFR modules you have ?

Each SFR modules requires each license separately . Also verify that you got the right license according to the ASA model that you have.

Navigate to the System > Licenses and verify if each of the sensors are having license assigned.

Its clear that if the Licenses are not there , then you cannot manage the devices using Access Control policies.

Also if you confirm that the appropriate licenses are there , then check under Devices > Device Management > Check if the licenses are disabled .

If the licenses are disabled then you can edit the Devices option and enable it and save the changes .

Rate if this answer helps.

Regards

Jetsy 

Device Management - License - I had to check the boxes for both Malware & URL Filtering.  They must have become unchecked when license expired.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card