cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using ASA 5505 to bridge two networks - is it possible?

jmia
Level 7
Level 7

Is it possible to use ASA 5505 to bridge two networks? I currently have two networks with two different IP addresses and would like to utilise the ASA to bridge between the two networks.

I can't seem to find any information on this so would appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction or provide examples etc.

Appreciate your support.

3 Replies 3

francisco_1
Level 7
Level 7

are you looking to have both networks on the same subnet? if yes you can use the ASA as a transparent firewall. if not you can enable the ASA in routed mode instead and do NAT exception between the interfaces connected to both networks.

In this link security appliance connects the same network on its inside and outside ports in transparent mode. Maintenance is facilitated because there are no complicated routing patterns to troubleshoot and no NAT configuration. see this http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a008089f467.shtml

Hi - thanks for you comments and link; I would like to keep both networks seperate but to allow traffic flow in both directions so would be interested in the 'routed mode solution' that you suggest.

Can you provide config examples or links/documents please?

Thanks again.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card