Views
Helpful
Replies

version 9.1(5.3) for the ASA5510

dumisanid
Level 1
Level 1

HI

is version 9.1(5.3) for the ASA5510 an official release? I can't find it ob the Cisco website but it was suggested as a bug fix .

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCun19025

rgds

D

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It is an official release, but only an interims one. In the download-section they are found under "All Downloads -> Interim" and the actual 9.1(5)-version is 9.1(5)12. These are releases that are not as much tested as the regular versions (yes, lesser then less ... ;-) ) and should only be used if you need a specific bugfix. Sadly, if you wan't to have a specific vulnerability fixed, you often also need these interims versions because the next regular version is coming only months later.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

It is an official release, but only an interims one. In the download-section they are found under "All Downloads -> Interim" and the actual 9.1(5)-version is 9.1(5)12. These are releases that are not as much tested as the regular versions (yes, lesser then less ... ;-) ) and should only be used if you need a specific bugfix. Sadly, if you wan't to have a specific vulnerability fixed, you often also need these interims versions because the next regular version is coming only months later.

Hi Karsten,

Much appreciated, I followed your advise and I got the Interim release with a fix.

Kind regards

Dumisani

Karsten,

I have a client running 9.1(4) and needs to resolve this bug. I have looked at the release notes for 9.1(5), and others that the bug fix mentions as known fixed, and this bug fix is not mentioned as a resolved caveats but the release notes for 9.0(4) does. Am I missing something or do you just take the bug tools word that the known fixed releases are in fact ok? 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card