cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vFTD

yangui319
Level 1
Level 1

There is a problem when i import Cisco_Firepower_Threat_Defense_Virtual-6.1.0-330 into VMware Workstation. while import to esxi is no problem.
VMware Workstation is version 12.5. My CPU is Intel I7-6700HQ and memory is 32G.

8 Replies 8

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

VMware Workstation is not a supported platform. The following are supported for vFTD:

VMware vSphere/VMware ESXi 5.5

VMware vSphere/VMware ESXi 6.0

Amazon Web Services (AWS)

Kernel-based virtual machine (KVM) hypervisor

Source: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/610/relnotes/Firepower_System_Release_Notes_Version_610.html#pgfId-680787

Thanks!  I will read the release notes

While i import to ESXi5.5, same problem exist

Why does your console screen shot say you have ASAv?

ASAv and FTDv are separate mutually exclusive platforms.

the FTDv starting interface is like these, is it right?

No - those look like ASAv (virtual standard ASA image).

FTDv is a totally different image and not an ASA 9.6(2) image at all.

I use files like these, import to ESXi5.5 or VM Workstation, no any changes.

I uploaded and tried to install Cisco_Firepower_Threat_Defense_Virtual-6.2.0-363.tar.gz.

And I ran in similar problems when booting the VM; it created crashinfo file and continuously reboot itself.

Concerning the console output, I am also seeing two options in the beginning of boot sequence:

bootflash:/asa971-4-smp-k8.bin

According to Marvin's claim, we should expect a different vFTD like  bootflash option.

If so, what image is expected and how is it possible that I am seeing the asa bootflash option ALTHOUGH I downloaded and installed Cisco_Firepower_Threat_Defense_Virtual-6.2.0-363.tar.gz?

Please advise.

Attached you will find a summary of the ESXi config and some screen shots of boot sequence.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card