cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VMS 2.2 import configs from routers setup by CSPM 3.0

colleen-smith
Level 1
Level 1

Our VPN routers all have more than one Pre-shared key, one for each VPN partner router. I read that VMS 2.2 only supports one preshared key on import. How then to I setup the routers to have more than one VPN partner? Do I have to use the same preshared key even if one router has multiple spokes and some of those spokes acutally act as hubs themselves?

2 Replies 2

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

To the best of my knowledge, Management Center for VPN Routers 1.1 allows different keys to be specified. For more information on setting up the same, please see the documentation at http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000_b/vpnman/vms_2_1/rmc1_1/user_gd/index.htm

Uploading Preshared Keys: Router MC supports one preshared key per device. If there are two or more preshared keys configured on the device, Router MC uploads the first one only.

This is my question: So, i have to manually add the other preshared keys? There are several pre-shared keys on some routers and only one on others, as some only have 1 peer. Others have multiple and different peers.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card