cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

We have a backup of Cisco 5508X and I would like to restore it to 5516X. Is it possible?

richard101
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have a backup of Cisco 5508X and I would like to restore it to 5516X. Is it possible?

Since all the interfaces are the same and we are going to use 5516X on as backup just in case 5508X becomes damage. It is possible to restore the backup from 5508X to 5516X?

Thank you very much. 

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Yes that should work, you can import via ASDM or copy/paste on the CLI.

I'd recommend you run the same version of ASA code on the 5516X if you need to restore to it, just in case a command you are currently using is supported on the 5516X code. Also you should confirm they licensing is the same, so therefore the same features will be supported.

HTH

View solution in original post

As already mentioned, that can easily be done. Make sure that the 5516 has all the licenses applied that have been on the 5508 before.

I am referring to the software version of ASA, e.g 9.12.3 - make sure they are the same on the 5508X and 5516X.
You can find this using the CLI with the command "show version" or via the ASDM on the Home tab under ASA Version.

HTH

5 Replies 5

Hi,

Yes that should work, you can import via ASDM or copy/paste on the CLI.

I'd recommend you run the same version of ASA code on the 5516X if you need to restore to it, just in case a command you are currently using is supported on the 5516X code. Also you should confirm they licensing is the same, so therefore the same features will be supported.

HTH

Hi, Sorry I am just confused with you saying same version of ASA code? How will i know this? I am planning to restore the zip file backup from 5508X to 5516X through asdm. Thanks so much.

I am referring to the software version of ASA, e.g 9.12.3 - make sure they are the same on the 5508X and 5516X.
You can find this using the CLI with the command "show version" or via the ASDM on the Home tab under ASA Version.

HTH

As already mentioned, that can easily be done. Make sure that the 5516 has all the licenses applied that have been on the 5508 before.

Hi, just to make sure I was talking about the backup of 5508X in zip file using asdm backup. Then I would like to restore it directly to our new 5516X. I can confirm that it both have license of firepower. Thank you so much.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card