Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Websense integration with Cisco ASA

Hello guys,

I have little experience with a Cisco ASA so would like help from you.

I have in my network solution from Websense worked together with ASA Firewall. It works perfectly good, more discover that the ASA when working with Websense he only sends HTTPS IPthis causes a little trouble in the report generated by Websense contained only IPs instead of the names of the sites.

Someone already managed to integrate with Websense and not have passed for this?

Thanks to all

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The reason why it only contains IP instead of the URL for HTTPS traffic is because HTTPS is encrypted and the URL is within the encrypted session, hence you are only seeing IP instead of URL.

If Websense supports HTTPS decryption, then you would be able to see the actual URL.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The reason why it only contains IP instead of the URL for HTTPS traffic is because HTTPS is encrypted and the URL is within the encrypted session, hence you are only seeing IP instead of URL.

If Websense supports HTTPS decryption, then you would be able to see the actual URL.

Thanks Jennifer,

With Websense support they confirmed to me that the form of the Cisco ASA is working this way and this is not a problem.

Thanks

Jennifer,

With

Websense

support

they

confirmed to me that

the form of

the

Cisco ASA

is

working

this way

and this is not

a problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card