cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

what are the difference between having security appliance and without security appliance?

martlee2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-ASA5505-BUN-K9-ASA-5505/dp/B000O0Z8GC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435380413&sr=8-1&keywords=ASA5505

http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-ASA5505-UL-BUN-K9-5505-Security-Appliance/dp/B000JVTTPM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1435380413&sr=8-2&keywords=ASA5505

what are the difference between having security appliance and without security appliance? why price has big difference?

i can not find the datasheet without security appliance and no compare in official web

does it mean that without security appliance do not have software? which software? ASDM?

is the license forever? do i need to subscribe license to use the ASA5505 every year ?

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Those two items are both the same appliance. The fact that one doesn't have it in the title is only reflecting how the seller posted it on Amazon.com.

The key difference is that one is "ASA5505-UL-BUN-K9". The UL means unlimited users.

The less expensive unit is only licensed to support 10 concurrent users passing traffic though the firewall.

This information can all be found on the product data sheet.

how to pay the license fee?

do i need to pay license fee after bought from amazon?

i mean that do fee from amazon include license fee?

if need to pay extra fee such as license fee after bought from amazon. which link and how to pay?

do i pay once for eternal use  or  pay each year?

i see that extra license fee for VPN site to site etc only.

To answer questions about a particular vendor's offerings on Amazon, you need to contact that vendor.

In general, Cisco recommends you only use authorized resellers. You can find them via cisco.com and clicking "How to Buy" on the home page.

The UL license type on an ASA 5505 is perpetual - you buy it once and it's good for the lifetime of the device. It is not transferable to any other device (unless you have a Cisco support contract and return the original device for hardware failure under a Return Material Authorization (RMA)).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card