cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What happens when FMC is not available?

CiscoNerd
Level 1
Level 1

I'm new to FirePower Threat Management System. I got the FMC setup on a Dell server with ESXi. I need to update this server so when I do the FMC will not be available to the FirePower. So what happens? Does the firewall keep working with all of the settings it did have with the FMC? But what about the VPN? Will the VPN still authenticate to the RADIUS server which is on the domain controller?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Tyson Joachims
Spotlight
Spotlight

Check out this Cisco community post which will answer your questions regarding traffic flows: https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-security/affect-on-ftd-traffic-during-firepower-management-center-restart/m-p/3317259

The VPN will continue to function because the firewalls talk directly with the RADIUS server and not through the FMC.

View solution in original post

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

FMC is just a management Platform, and Log collection for the events from FTD,

While this offline, this not affect on any operational impact for the exiting working FTD.

yes VPN and Data traffic will not have effect at all.  - are you Migrating FMC to a new environment, any hardware change? Like MAC Address of of VM (make sure MAC retain same if not you have License issue it tied with serial number and MAC)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tyson Joachims
Spotlight
Spotlight

Check out this Cisco community post which will answer your questions regarding traffic flows: https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-security/affect-on-ftd-traffic-during-firepower-management-center-restart/m-p/3317259

The VPN will continue to function because the firewalls talk directly with the RADIUS server and not through the FMC.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

FMC is just a management Platform, and Log collection for the events from FTD,

While this offline, this not affect on any operational impact for the exiting working FTD.

yes VPN and Data traffic will not have effect at all.  - are you Migrating FMC to a new environment, any hardware change? Like MAC Address of of VM (make sure MAC retain same if not you have License issue it tied with serial number and MAC)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card