Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the correct process to transfer Firepower Classic licenses to new FMC

jknox
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an four Firepower/Classic 8350 sensors being managed by an FMC2000. I have just installed a HA pair of FMC2500's and I need to move the sensors onto the new FMC.

Can somebody please advise me on the correct way to move the Classic licenses (Protection & Control) to the new FMC's. I have tried both CCO and general Googling and have not found the answer yet on how to move the licenses over....

Unfortunately in my environment I cannot use the configure model script to modify the FMC2000 backup image to work on a FMC2500, so i need to figure out what is Ciscos's process/workflow for moving the licenses.

Thanks for your help in advance!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Raghunath Kulkarni
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The right way to do it would be to call the licensing team up and they would have the old licenses associated with the license key of the new FMC.

You need to have the key of the new FMC shared with them for the binding. The key can be obtained by navigating to System --> Licenses --> Classic Licenses --> Add License.

Do not use the configure model script to modify the backup because this will lead to other issues.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

I just moved some from ASDM to FMC, and I used the rehost function at Cisco to issue new licenses based on the license key of the FMC.  I do not know that would be the same from one FMC to another, but it seems likely. 

Raghunath Kulkarni
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The right way to do it would be to call the licensing team up and they would have the old licenses associated with the license key of the new FMC.

You need to have the key of the new FMC shared with them for the binding. The key can be obtained by navigating to System --> Licenses --> Classic Licenses --> Add License.

Do not use the configure model script to modify the backup because this will lead to other issues.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card