cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why is FXOS version 2.1.1.66 not available on the download site?

jaestes
Level 1
Level 1

The company I work for is in the process of taking over management of several Firepower 4120 devices that are currently running FXOS version 2.1.1.66.  This version is not on the download site.  The versions available for download in the 2.1.1 train starts at 2.1.1.64 with the next one being 2.1.1.73.  Why is 2.1.1.66 not available on the download site?

2 Replies 2

Vibhor Amrodia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeffrey,

Ideally, we try to archive the old FXOS version(Interim patches) as we come up with the new releases.

Is there a specific reason you are looking for 2.1.1.66? If yes, we can get that specific code from TAC also but it is recommended that if you are planning to update the system, it should be on the latest code as suggested by the upgrade path: -

Cisco FXOS Release Notes, 2.1(1) - Cisco

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Vibhor

Thank you for the reply Vibhor,

As I said the company I work for is taking over management of the devices, we do not have access to them as of yet.  I just thought it strange that version 2.1.1.64 and 2.1.1.73 is available but not 2.1.1.66.  Even the release notes for 2.1.1.73 have no mention at all of 2.1.1.66, the new features and resolved bugs go from 2.1.1.73 to 2.1.1.64.  When I saw the version that is running on the devices is not available for download, I was concerned there may be some major bug in that version causing Cisco to pull it from the download site, or that if a TAC case is required the first response is that is not a supported version.

Can you confirm that there is no major issue with that version?

Thank you

Jeff

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card