cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows 7 and Cisco 871W /wSDM Causing Slow Internet and Downloads

mikeydcg2003
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 871w that has been a very great product for many years. I recently switched to Windows 7 x64 on my main machine and now i am having all sorts of issues with it.. I have done a bit of research and found that it appears that it might be the firewall on the SDM that is causing the slowness issues. what does happen is that downloads from known good sites will run really slow. If i hook up my Macbook Pro or my Windows XP laptop i have no issues at all. i have tried Disabling IPv6 as well as SMB2.0 and this has not resulted in a fix at this point. Any help would be much appriciated

Thank you

Mike Howell

4 Replies 4

Mike if you have the same router and you are testing with different computers I don't the issue is with the router. the issue might be with Win7.

I have not heard about similar issues.

I will also be posting something in the microsoft forums as well. If you would like to see what my config looks like and maybe can see an issue with something i can for sure post it.. It just doesn't seem right that everyhing runs fine on the other and windows 7 it has issues..

Thanks

Mike

I did some testing this weekend and mutilple windows 7 boxes did the same exact thing so i suspect it is not a microsoft issue if multiple boxes do the same thing.

josephjmg
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having similar issues as well. I've been using the 871W for a few years now, and have always been happy. Even up until recently, when I first started with my 50/5mbps service, I could pull 50mbps without a problem. It was glorious. Now, I can barely hit 30mbps...and that seems to be decreasing. OK, I can't say for sure it's decreasing but it seems that way.

I've reloaded different versions of IOS to no avail. I'm not sure what's up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: