cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Youtube not blocking on Firesight over Chrome, other websites are blocking.

smartnet1234
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Im unable to block Youtube over Chrome, however Firefox and Internet explorer are blocking it.

Following are the SSL and ACP snaps for you. Please assist.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you checked the BugID referenced in the other thread where you posted?

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvb95527/?referring_site=bugquickviewclick

It has a suggested workaround and fix.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you checked the BugID referenced in the other thread where you posted?

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvb95527/?referring_site=bugquickviewclick

It has a suggested workaround and fix.

Hi Marvin, 

I played with the workaround on Firesight but still it doesnt seem to block it.

PIC attached for reference.

The workaround also suggested disabling QUIC in the browser. Have you tried that?

What do you see as the application in the connection event when the traffic is allowed?

It does gets blocked after disabling QUIC in browser but i cant go to each user and change their browser settings.

Events, are another problem in firesight 6.2 deployed over ASDM. I only see some events, specially blocked ones there but i dont see any allowed or all the blocked events. That is one strange issue as well.

PIC attached as reference.

Understood re the end user issue - I just wanted to make sure we were chasing the right issue and not something else.

I really dislike the ASDM tool for managing FirePOWER modules. Despite its flaws, FMC is 20x better, especially for event analysis.

I'd guess your module is not seeing the Chrome traffic toward Youtube as QUIC. Why is hard to say - are you running the latest updates that pruport to fix the application recognition? If you are, it may be best to contact the TAC to have them take a look at it in real time.

I always deploy FMC at client ends but here we are preparing for a demo with trial URL licenses and the only easy way was to deploy it over ASDM.

This firewall isnt covered under contract so i fear i wont be able to contact TAC for this one.

Anything else you'd suggest Marvin? though ill still mark your answers as correct as you have always been very helpful.

Hello,

I have ASA5508 managed by FMC I had blocked the Quik port but I received from users that some of the sites is needing these ports then I delete this police.

now how I can block youtube on chrome.

same here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card