cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi All

We are looking at some new switches for our top of racks in our DC.

We have looked at the 9300 series UX models with the big buffers which is classed as a high scale model.

I have tried to look at some Nexus models for top of rack, but there appears to be a very limited selection of RJ45 models.

We are a full catalyst house in our DC, however we do have options.

Is the 9300-24UXM as good as the copper Nexus version in regards to performance?

Cheers

2 Comments
balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you looking DC deployment for Server requirement - i suggest to look for Nexus 9L, they are same cost as Cat 93XX i guess depends on the vendor and negotiation.

Cat 9300 more enterprice LAN Switches, you can use, but that not effective as Nexus 9K designed for Server traffic.

worh comparing the models between Cat 9300 Vs Nexus 9K and see if the features matches your rquirement.

if you uplonk with nexus parent switch nexus does have vPC which give more advantage compare to L2 LACP Port-channel

Javier Acuña
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hola me alegra que estés bien, es importante tener en cuenta antes de instalar el funcionamiento de los dispositivos, la plataforma Nexus te permite utilizar los Port-channel VPC lo que garantiza una alta redundancia, con la misma conexión en diferente dispositivos, es cierto que los dispositivos Catalys que operan actualmente de la serie 9000 son muy buenos para una infraestructura de campo, debes tener en cuenta el análisis de escalabilidad para tu DC, según las mejores practicas ajustados al presupuesto de tu organización. en función de esto podrás ubicar mejor el Dispositivo. recuerda calificar esta respuesta en la estrella ya que esto motiva a seguir apoyando, Saludos!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: