Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
avtsuk
Level 1
Level 1

I've been tasked with looking at a network of twelve 48 port switches, the first thing i've found is someone has been implimenting bandwidth settings on a lot of the ports. I'd really rather avoid factory resetting the switches to sweep away the bandwith limits.

Is there an efficient way of enumerating the network ports across all the switches and removing all the bandwidth limits that have been put in place? its a lot of work to visit each switch and every port to remove limits otherwise.

Answer

Comments
balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can run an automated script like CATtools to do the job for you, they have a trail you can get install and test it,.

avtsuk
Level 1
Level 1

thanks for the suggestion, it looks like i need to create a script first by placing all the commands i want to send into a text file and then fire that off against each switch.

still seems very labour intensive.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what else you expect for the community to help you here? Do other suggestions hire a consultant who can do your work?

avtsuk
Level 1
Level 1

@balaji.bandi You know, its people like you that give forums a bad name. if you can't provide a constructive suggestion then take your miss placed arogance and crawl back under your stone !. unhelpful peope like you are not wanted !!

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@avtsuk wrote:

You know, its people like you that give forums a bad name. if you can't provide a constructive suggestion then take your miss placed arogance and crawl back under your stone !. unhelpful peope like you are not wanted !!

I do not see any malice to @balaji.bandi's question.  

avtsuk
Level 1
Level 1

@Leo LaohooSuggesting I hire a consultant to do my work doesnt demonstrate a constructive community spirit.

Pleased to say someone else contacted me with info that lead to documentation that helped.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: