Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
JBaker79530
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to figure out how to connect a Cisco 3720 AP to a Cisco 3750 Switch. This network does not connect out to anything else. The switch a private Vlan structure as follows Vlan 100-Primary, Vlan 101 Isolated, Vlan 102 Community. I have also created a standard vlan 103 for wireless devices. The community Vlan contains 8 workstations and a file-share server, the isolated vlan contains 4 industrial machine tools, and one port is configured as promiscuous for another server to be able to pull data from the community vlan and send it to the machine tools. Ideally the wireless AP would provide connectivity to the community vlan for some tablets that need to talk to the promiscuous server. I was unable to figure out how to trunk these to the AP and have since tried creating an entirely separate vlan for the wireless devices and attempting to route it to the server using the 3750. The i can ping from vlan 102 to vlan 103 from a computer connected to the switch. I can get my tablet to authenticate with the wireless but thus far have not been able to ping to or from the tablet, i cannot ping from the switch or a computer connected to it to the wireless AP or anything on the AP. Attached are my most recent configurations of each device. Any advice on why i cant seem to get any connectivity to the AP?

Comments
Cristian Matei
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

If your AP is attached to the GigabitEthernet1/0/48 port, what is the output of "show spanning-tree interface GigabitEthernet1/0/48"? Also, ensure "ip routing" is configured on the switch.

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

JBaker79530
Level 1
Level 1
The show spanning-tree for int 48 lists 6 vlans, 001, 100, 101, 102, 103,
and 667. 667 is a management vlan I have yet to configure for anything.

Is there anything I need to do for up routing other than the command "ip
routing" ? That is already set but I havent set any static routes or ospf
etc. The devices connected directly to the switch seem to route between
vlans since I can ping across them. The lack of connectivity seems to just
be between the AP and switch and within the AP itself.
Cristian Matei
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

VLAN 2 not showing up there, it means it does NOT exist in the VLAN database. Let's first establish IP connectivity between the switch and the AP on the "management" VLAN. Configure the native VLAN on both the switch and AP to be VLAN 667, assign to BVI on the AP an IP address from VLAN 667, and see if you have IP connectivity from the AP to the switch.

Afterwards, associate a user to SSID, configure statically an IP address from VLAN 103 and default gateway being the switch, and see if you have IP connectivity from WiFi client to the switch.

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: