cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

i have one switch and two ports for two dirrent network they is ring both port in same vlan configuration, i want solution if one port down then autometic traafic gone from 2nd port it is possible?

Views
Helpful
Comments

i have one switch and two ports for two dirrent network they is ring both port in same vlan configuration, i want solution if one port down then autometic traafic gone from 2nd port it is possible?

Note: switch1 in  2 ethernet port avaibale only 21-22

switch1 ethernet port 21 is connect with switch2 ethernet port 4 other port is full

switch1 ethernet port 22 is connect with switch3 ethernet port 1 other port is full

switch2 in ethernet port 5 is connect with  switch3 in ethernet port 2. other port is full

ring network so if switch1 i port 21 down then autometic traafic gone from switch port 22 it is possible?

Comments
Beginner

Dear Kish

I kind of understood what you are trying to achieve.

All of your switches has vlan 5-8-74-89 and as you have mentioned that the other ports are full because of in use and you are not having any issues. I am sure that spanning tree is already running on every switch to provide you a loop free topology by blocking one on the links between the switches. Not knowing which port is currently blocked

switch 1
/                 \
switch 2       OLT1
|                   |
switch3   --   OLT2
                    |
                  Mikrotikwan

please run the commands below on  switch1, switch2, switch3,OLT1, OLT2 and share the output.

show spanning-tree active

and

show spanning-tree summary

Regards

Zaaf

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
July's Community Spotlight Awards