Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
jlafuent
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco DNA Center software version 2.1.2. brings along a whole host of new and upgraded features, starting with the introduction of multi-site disaster recovery, the addition of compliance checking for device configuration, and other more powerful new capabilities. Look at the attached versions comparison to learn more about the most important changes.
You can ask Cisco Expert Jesse Lafuenti any Cisco DNA Center Software upgrade question using the reply-button.png button below the post.

If you want to stay up to date with our Software Compliance and key feature articles make sure to subscribe to the label 'Software Upgrades'

dnac-212.png

Want to utilize new capabilities? Visit Cisco DNA Center Upgrade Guide to plan your software upgrade to 2.1.2 version https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/upgrade/b_cisco_dna_center_upgrade_guide/introduction.html

Upgrade Paths to Cisco DNA Center 2.1.2.x

upgrade-path.png

Comments
ViralPatel7456
Level 1
Level 1

Its very  interesting and helpful information for me.

sslominski
Level 4
Level 4

very helpful!

any restrictions or downfalls when upgrading?

michalsabat
Level 1
Level 1

That is great news. Thank You

philnordin
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the info

niroulabhaa
Level 1
Level 1

Can we cluster across the WAN?

John Pell
Spotlight
Spotlight

What is the DNA-C cluster sizing set to now please?

Dariusz Gora
Level 1
Level 1

Compliance support is a great deal, should be a real time saver.

jlafuent
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@sslominski you will want to review the release notes to ensure any identified bugs won't affect you.  If you are utilizing Software Defined Access I would recommend opening a TAC case to ensure there are no issues during the upgrade process.

Beyond that refer to The Upgrade Guide for steps you should perform before upgrading, mainly creating a backup and verifying the cluster link.  One thing I will add beyond the Upgrade guide is the AURA Tool.  You can open a TAC case if you need any assistance when running an AURA check.

@niroulabhaa, the answer is a little more complicated than a simple Yes/No.  Your 3 Node cluster will need to be located within the same Datacenter, that much has not changed from previous versions.  In this version what has been added is that you can have two 3-node clusters located in separate datacenter's connected via a WAN that will act in N+1 High Availability.  If one cluster fails, then the other cluster (located across the WAN) will become active and resume control of your network.

@John Pell A cluster still requires 3 Nodes, same as before.  The only change now is that you can have two 3-Node clusters linked together in N+1 HA.

Jyrki Halonen
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the good information, specially the clear content

vaishalia
Level 1
Level 1

Its Very useful for me.

cmcina2211
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

This is great information but i do have a question, do you know when DNA Center will have config backup and compare like Prime? is it even in the road map?

Thank you

Chris

jlafuent
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Chris,
Yes, full feature parity is on the roadmap between Cisco DNA Center and Prime, and we are getting closer every version.
As of today, as part of the compliance reporting set we are taking daily backups of all devices running configurations. In version 2.2.3 this has been enhanced to being able to detect changes to the running config in 5-minute intervals. Combining this feature with the RMA tool that Cisco DNA Center already has and not only can you view the running config of any devices, if you need to RMA a device Cisco DNA Center can actually push the old running config to the new replacement switch.
I recommend you take a look at the PDART<> tool which can check which features you are leveraging on your current Prime deployment and actually generate a report detailing which features are already available in Cisco DNA Center, and which are road mapped.
gors
Level 1
Level 1

Its very interesting information  for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: