Views
Helpful
Comments
Niko1
Level 1
Level 1

Symptoms

Hey there! 

I'm working on a project that includes basic router configurations. I configurated everything including: line console 0, line vty 0 15 and secret passwords. There are 3 routers in the network and every LAN is going through the FW01 router. 

This is not how it needs to work, because there is a default static route needed on the FD-BT-DMZ directly to the FW01 router. Every node has to be able to ping each other, but after so many tries of troubleshooting and testing I just can't finish this one.

line console 0: welkom1

line vty 0 15: welkom1

secret password: admin

If anyone by chance could help me out here, I would appreciate enormously! Link to dropbox for the packet tracer file.

Kind regards,

Niko

Comments
Bruno Ferreira
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Niko1!

I´ve found a few mistakes here.

The subnets are not matching among hosts BT0, BT1 and Router FD-BT-DMZ. 

For the hosts you are using 10.2.0.0/24 while for the Router you have 10.2.0.240/28.

Same thing for the Flying Dutchman subnet: The serverand router subnets don´t match.

Regarding the Router FW01 it seems to be missing a route pointing back to the 10.2.0.0/24 network via 192.168.10.253.

The hosts behind the FW02 also don´t have a route back to 10.2.0.0/24. Instead of configuring the three default routes, you should be more specific about the networks you want to reach. 

Try fixing that and let me know.

Cheers.

BF

Niko1
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Bruno!

Thanks for the fast replay!

I've changed the subnets so far and I am able to ping the other nodes on the network. But for the network 10.1.0.0 I can't make a connection with FD-server. I've tried the command tracert on the FD-server to FS01 and he is able to get to the default network of 192.168.10.252, but after that, he drops the connection and I get the error message connection timed out.

To be more specific I have to show with the tracert command that the connection between FD-server and FS01 is not running through the FW01 router. Here is the link to the updated packet tracer file dropbox.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Niko

Bruno Ferreira
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Niko!!

Right! The issue is on your Router FW02 ´s routing table.

You have inserted three default routers that you don´t need since you have more specific routing entries for all of your networks.

Those default routes will cause the router to forward packets to undesirable destinations.

In resume, try a FW02(config)#no ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 and let me know the result

Niko1
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Bruno!

Thanks again for the reply!

I have applied some static routes from FW02 to FD-BT-DMZ router and now I can ping everything from that network as well.

Thank you for helping me and if there is anything I can do for you message me! :D

Kind regards,

Niko

Filip Knezevic
Level 1
Level 1

Well, it would be nice to rate Bruno's post as helpful :). 

Niko1
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Filip!

Yeah I surely want to do that, but somehow I can't see that option to rate his post.

Any thoughts on how I can otherwise?

Kind regards,

Niko

Filip Knezevic
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Niko,

Well, in my threads I can see Accept as Solution button on other people's posts. Just click on it I guess. :)

ssh.PNG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: