Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Technote of the day (TOTD) -- How to setup & test Event Subscriptions for different Email endpoints?

Prepared for: Cisco DNA Customer, Solutions Support

Prepared by: Tomas de Leon, Technical Leader
July 21, 2020
Document number: 07212020_v1

HOW TO SETUP & TEST EVENT SUBSCRIPTIONS FOR DIFFERENT EMAIL ENDPOINTS?

Objective

The objective of this document is to provide users an example of configuring Event Notification Subscriptions for different Email endpoints. This is only one example of the possible configuration scenarios.

Goals

Provide a working example of configuring and testing Event Notifications and Subscriptions using Email for different endpoints.

Depending on your deployment and configuration choices, your configuration setup may be different. Also, remember that in my example, I am using a Public site for my test Email endpoints. So use caution and please refer to your Data Protection Policies before testing to public sites.

The following technote is written against the Cisco DNA Center version 1.3.3.6 FCS Release. The part added on testing refers to the "Try It" feature for Active Subscriptions was introduced in Cisco DNA Center 2.1.1.0 and later. With Cisco DNA Center version 2.1.1.0 and later, there is a new Navigation Menu and enhancements to the layout of the System Settings UI pages. In previous Cisco DNA Center releases, there was an "Email Configuration" section. This has changed in version 2.1.1.0 and later. The External Services "Destinations" section is where you configure the various types of destinations to deliver the events from Cisco DNA Center.

The following technote is written to help answer the question in regards to configuring & testing the Cisco DNA Center Event Notification Feature.

Reference Information:

• Cisco DNA Center version 1.3.3.6

• Cisco DNA Center version 2.1.1.0

• Webhook.site (REST API Webhook Test Site)

https://webhook.site/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: