Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
rashidsiddiqui
Level 1
Level 1

In general there are two types of incidence for network issues. These fall in the category of outage incidents and performance incidents. Troubleshooting outage incidents in datacenter is quite straightforward. When it comes to analyze performance incidents, things become quite tricky. Generally network team’s opinion on most incidents is based on ping and traceroute results. However these two tools are not of much use in figuring out the performance related issues. Imagine a situation when you are called by application team. One major application behavior has just got aberrant in last 24 hours. Transactions are getting failed and they have given a bulky application layer log with errors. This issue calls for a detailed analysis of TCP transactions. Ping and trace can only reflect the issues with latency or any node’s outage. What is the best way to start?

Comments
KEVIN STUEBNER
Community Member

I think this makes sense.

bava_ccna
Level 1
Level 1

Very good document!!! It would be great if you can explain how to capture ATB in real time scenorio which includes the commands used to collect TCP dump

prdpvaghela
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rashid,

Please assist with the probable issue from the Network Infrastructure point of view when underlying application servers observing performance and availability issue.

Any network checklist that can be follow to isolate the issue.

Regards

Pradip Vaghela

+91-9320064180

prdpvaghela
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rashid,

I don't find the document. It would be great help if you can send me on below id.

prdpvaghela@gmail.com

Regards

Pradip Vaghela

+91-9320064180

prdpvaghela
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Kevin,

I don't find the document. It would be great help if you can send me on below id.

prdpvaghela@gmail.com

Regards

Pradip Vaghela

+91-9320064180

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: