cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Will the Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S= Transceiver (interconnect) Compatible with Aruba 10G SFP+ Transceiver module?

Views
Helpful
Comments
Beginner
Ask Me Anything (Formerly known as Ask the Expert)
thru

Dear Cisco Experts.

Customer wants to connect 5406 zl2 Switch which has (Aruba 10G SFP+ transceiver) with Cisco Switch 2960X which also have (SFP-10G-SR-S=) Enterprise class transceiver module. 

Is the Aruba 10G SFP+ & Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S are compatible with each other and interconnection will be establish successfully?

2 Comments
Beginner

Hello,

you can connect with cable between the Cisco SFP+ 10G-SR-S and the Arubu SFP+ 10G SR Transeiver Modules.

But you must use Cisco Transeiver Module in the Cisco Switch and Aruba Modules in the Aruba Switch.

The connection between works.

Beginner

As mentioned the connection may work. However, have heard mixed feedback and success on this, with the particular transceiver SFP-10G-SR-S= and connecting to a non-S Class transceiver.  Typically when using this SFP, I recommend using the same SFP on both ends when it comes to the S-Class.  If I had a choice when connecting to 3rd party equipment or non-S Class, would recommend using the SFP-10G-SR= which is more industry compliant.

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
July's Community Spotlight Awards

This widget could not be displayed.