Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
DouglasJBell
Community Member

Hi All

Looking for a little help. I have just received several of the switches above to install onto my network. This is the first time I have used Managed Switches. So I used the documentation to connect to the switch and enter Express Setup. I give the Switch an IP address, the Subnet of my network and the default gateway and also give it a host name, then I save this information.

Unfortuantly after this I can not see the Switch on the IP Address I have assigned or the default IP address of 10.0.0.1. I have made sure all the information i have entered into the switch is correct, I have even rest the switch and started again, but still the same thing happens. I thought it may be the switch itself, so I tried another switch, but the same thing happens. I am a little lost.

The switch itself is working, as I have connected devices to the switch and I can ping the device itself, I can ping to the device and from the device on the switch to anywhere on the network, I just cant ping the switch itself.

Regards

Douglas Bell

Comments
Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use CLI:

conf t
hostname <switch name>
!
interface vlan <enter a vlan of your choice>
ip address <IP address> <subnet mask>
no shutdown
!
!  The following lines below will configure ports 1 to 24 to a vlan of your choice
interface range fastethernet 0/1 - 24
switchport mode access
switchport access vlan <vlan>
!  The following lines will enable spanning-tree portfast ports 1 to 24
spanning-tree portfast
!  To prevent network loops, the line below will disable a port if the switch will detect the port is connected to another switch or itself
spanning-tree bpduguard enable
exit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: