Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
kaannadu
Level 1
Level 1

In this video we will see an example of how to configure InterVLAN routing on a Cisco catalyst 3550 series switch.

15 Comments
sniadmins1
Level 1
Level 1

Please provide United States-based groups with presenters who have U. S. English as a primary language.  We had to rewind this vid several times at several points because the presenter had such a thick accent and was very difficult to understand.

Thanks.

1ashlee2794
Level 1
Level 1

How doyou view theses videos?????

guptazeee
Level 1
Level 1

Which video format is this? I cannot play the video.

jeffreydansby
Level 1
Level 1

It uses Adobe Flash, should play in the browser.

JD

benny.lane
Level 1
Level 1

The setup looks straight-forward and the video is pretty easy to understand. However, the actual routing step (ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 200.1.1.2) is missing from the video. Including that and a better explaination of the routing would make this document and video much better.

n.bedbury
Level 1
Level 1

If you posted a diagram of the network setup, that'd be handy.  For example, which switch ports connect to which host?

kamran2go
Level 1
Level 1

Crystel Clear presentation .

Even works with out default route. 

Thanks buddy.

vgoldenlev
Level 1
Level 1

why he using no shut command after configuring switchport access vlan 2 or 3

there is no need on this 

you have use NO SHUT when you configuring interface VLAN 

oliverhext
Level 1
Level 1

Great video!

tonpeopl
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you so much!  This was super easy to follow!

j.romo509
Level 1
Level 1

Great video and easy to follow.  The ip routing at the beginning was most helpful!

XWL
Level 1
Level 1

I used Packet tracer to do the testing, however, the 'IP Routing" is not available in any switch in the Packet Tracer.

I do not have physical hardware available for the testing.

If we need this command "ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 200.1.1.2", then do we have to have a router on the stub. if a router is needed, then why need layer 3 switch?

PS:

I find that need select Multi-Layer Switch in the Packet Tracer.

It is working now, no need "ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 200.1.1.2" command, no need Router -on-Stick 

It just works.

pierredacres
Level 1
Level 1

you don't need a default route.  he is showing inter-vlan routing not how to allow hosts to access the internet.  Since the routes are connected C* there is not need for a default just to speak to each other.

FIDELIO
Level 1
Level 1
Very helpful and clearly explained. Would be nice though if when the video is paused the screen doesn't get blurry.
mohammeda60
Level 1
Level 1

For clearer explanation on VLANs and Inter VLAN routing click on the link.

https://youtu.be/5hj4TaaJBdY

https://youtu.be/rCopMlBeXis

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links