Views
Helpful
Replies

Install License on nexus switch 9K

Mustapha Bassim
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Dears

we are trying to install license file on nexus switch using .lic file it's told us this error :

System in Smart Licensing Mode. Command not supported

while as the vendor told us the device working with traditional license not smart one

anyone could help us plz

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @Mustapha Bassim 

I looks like you have smart licensing enabled. To disable it you can use the following commands:

switch(config)# no license smart enable
    switch(config)# no feature license smart

And then you can install the license.

However, just wanted to let you know that licensing on N9K is honor based, meaning you do not have to install the license for the features to work. You can simply have them purchased and thats all.

Stay safe,

Sergiu

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I think if the device runs 9. X nexus code it will be a smart License.

below command show you what License mode :

# show license status

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/nx-os/licensing/guide/cisco-nx-os-license-installation-guide/smart-software-licensing-for-cisco-nexus-3000-and-9000-series-switches.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @Mustapha Bassim 

I looks like you have smart licensing enabled. To disable it you can use the following commands:

switch(config)# no license smart enable
    switch(config)# no feature license smart

And then you can install the license.

However, just wanted to let you know that licensing on N9K is honor based, meaning you do not have to install the license for the features to work. You can simply have them purchased and thats all.

Stay safe,

Sergiu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: