cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route-map "as-path prepend" not modelled in REST-API DME?

Cathal Mooney
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

It seems that the following CLI syntax is not modelled in the NXOS REST API DME?

route-map BGP:LOCAL-OUT permit 10
  set as-path prepend 100 100 100

When I add this using the CLI and then do a 'GET' for the route-map entry there is no child of 'rtmapEntry' which corresponds to this action.  If I use the NX-API Developer Sandbox on my switch it tells me the command is not modelled:

Error in 1 of 2 commands:
id:  2
cmd: "  set as-path prepend 100 100 100"
msg: Invalid params
     % The command is not modeled

I am using a physical 93180YC-EX switch on 7.0(3)I7(4).  Can anyone advise if there is a way to apply this configuration using the REST API?  It's a show-stopper for me and it will cause a big headache if I now need to use the CLI rather than REST API to configure the system.

If it is not available can anyone advise if it is scheduled to be added to the model in an upcoming release?

thanks,

Cathal.

2 Replies 2

Christopher Hart
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Cathal!

I have reproduced this same issue in 7.0(3)I7(4) in the lab, as well as with 7.0(3)I7(5) and 9.2(1). The set as-path prepend <asn> command is not currently modeled through the NX-API REST message format. I have opened up an enhancement (CSCvm84208) to track the addition of this functionality in a future release - subscribe to that defect for additional updates.

Thank you! Feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Chris

Many thanks for confirming the situation and indeed for opening the change request Chris!

Hopefully we can look forward to seeing this feature in a forthcoming release.

Cathal.