cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

server nic teaming options to N9Ks /N2Ks

Computime SCC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi we are working on a project using Nexus 9Ks and 2Ks and off course the ideal scenario is to have all servers using LACP and uplinked using VPC. But for any other servers that have dual nic cards but somehow d not support LACP say they are configured active/standby or active/active (switch independent) can these still be uplinked to "separate" N9Ks? my concern is that VPS is not exactly like having VSS or a cisco-stack... most of these servers will actually be migrated from a cisco 375 switch-stack but I am wondering how they will behave if I cross connect with two N9Ks that are in same VPC domain but without a VPC/LACP uplink...

1 Reply 1

David Hild
Level 11
Level 11

I don't have documentation handy but I know that vPC requires that port-channels be LACP. That said, the question I have for you is why are you using server NICs that don't support LACP?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community