cancel
Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Cisco Service Contract Questions

We have an active Cisco Service Contract on a Cisco RV345, and we'll be adding one to a Cisco CBW240AC. I believe I have a Smart Net Total Care on the RV345 and will add Smart Net Total Care to the CBW240AC.

I've been reading documentation on it, and while I understand most of the benefits of our service contract, I had a few questions:

1. How do we take advantage of the "access to online resources" benefit?

2. How do we take advantage of the "smart entitled capabilities" benefit?

3. I've seen documentation on Cisco Asset Management Service and Smart Asset Service. Are these included with those service contracts or separate services?

Thanks!

Nathan Parker
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Beginner

I heard back from Martin on the Cisco Small Business team about this. Here's his response which answered my question.

Basically what you get with the Smart Net Total Care contract (SNTC 8X5XNBD) in addition to the warranty is STAC access (phone technical support) and advanced hardware replacement (Next Business Day).

Eventually, you’ll be able to see in the Smart Net Total Care portal the install base, contract and EoS/EoL status, however, I doubt if you get any reports or automation to support our Cisco Business products in the portal. All device firmware/software updates are available to download and is not tied with any service contract.

Nathan Parker

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Beginner

I heard back from Martin on the Cisco Small Business team about this. Here's his response which answered my question.

Basically what you get with the Smart Net Total Care contract (SNTC 8X5XNBD) in addition to the warranty is STAC access (phone technical support) and advanced hardware replacement (Next Business Day).

Eventually, you’ll be able to see in the Smart Net Total Care portal the install base, contract and EoS/EoL status, however, I doubt if you get any reports or automation to support our Cisco Business products in the portal. All device firmware/software updates are available to download and is not tied with any service contract.

Nathan Parker

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi ! Thanks for sharing this experience. I'm researching Cisco Managed vs. Partner Managed solutions and was hoping to reach out to you regarding how the rest of your experience (pros/cons) is with the service contract and working with the small business team. Let me know if you have time to chat. Thanks, Nathan. 

Highlighted

Thanks for following up! My service contracts are purchased from my Cisco Partner (Provantage), and they always do an excellent job in setting up my service contracts. I also run questions by the Cisco Small Business team to help me know what specifically I need to purchase from my Cisco Partner. So far it has been great. I'd highly recommend Cisco Small Business products and service contracts, as well as communicating with the Cisco Small Business team and a Cisco Partner (Provantage is a good Cisco Partner if you need one).

Nathan Parker