cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Cisco Small Business Community

Have a question? Click on a topic board below to get started in the community.

Views
Helpful
Replies
JonathanPBL
Beginner

Cisco Switches Training

Hi there,

I work for a small business as an I.T network engineer. We have recently started to supply to Cisco SG500 switches to our client's network, not to different from another switch supplier.

What I was looking to know if there are any specific training courses for Cisco switches or even more specifically the SG500 model. I have looked through the Cisco networking academy which doesn't really look to be applicable for the day to day functionality of the switch. Even if someone could point me in the right direction of the place to start looking - could be something on the CCNA program that could help or a third party training provider.

Many thanks,

Jonathan - PBL 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ryan Bowman
Cisco Employee

Hi Jonathan,

The CCNA is a great resource for learning a broad set of entry-level knowledge for networking.  This includes switching topics such as STP and VTP.  If you would like even more knowledge of switching technologies, the CCNP Switch exam goes more in-depth with Layer 2 technologies and is a great resource for learning how to manage a switch in a business environment.

For information regarding the specific device, you can look through the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/switches/sf500-24-24-port-10-100-stackable-managed-switch/model.html

Ryan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ryan Bowman
Cisco Employee

Hi Jonathan,

The CCNA is a great resource for learning a broad set of entry-level knowledge for networking.  This includes switching topics such as STP and VTP.  If you would like even more knowledge of switching technologies, the CCNP Switch exam goes more in-depth with Layer 2 technologies and is a great resource for learning how to manage a switch in a business environment.

For information regarding the specific device, you can look through the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/switches/sf500-24-24-port-10-100-stackable-managed-switch/model.html

Ryan

View solution in original post