Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Nicklas Wagerth
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For many of us, it is time to celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, the Winter Solstice, or just the New Year. Regardless, if you celebrate any of these festivities it means time off and we get some extra time to spend with family and friends while we recharge and reflect.

I want to take the opportunity to extend my gratitude to all of you in the NSO Developer Community. Thanks to all of you and your engagement, we are all able to cut downtime to market and serve our customers better as we make NSO more valuable and better as a product! It is so rewarding to see your questions being answered and turned into accepted solutions and to hear your success stories at Developer Days. To me personally, the highlight of the year is when I get to meet with you in person and contribute to your knowledge enhancements.

During 2019, the growing community activities have continued to raise eyebrows internally within Cisco, and this year we have increased our investments and extended the team with people like Jason Belk, a dedicated NSO Developer Evangelist. Jason left Cisco for other ventures, but he never left the developer community. Now he is back at Cisco and with the NSO team, bringing a wealth of knowledge related to network automation to help you do more useful stuff faster than ever! Please join me in welcoming Jason to our team!

If 2019 was a good year, I promise you even more for 2020! Right now, we are working to secure the venue for the next Developer Days in Stockholm (June 15-18). It is still too early to share details but one of the ideas we are playing around with is to organize a Hackathon. Let me know if you like this idea! Also, expect to see a call-for-paper email early next year, encouraging you to apply for a speaker slot! Be aware that we have your feedback from the June 2019 survey in the back of our minds when we are fine-tuning the details.

Now, I am only hours away from taking time off from the duties and spend time with my family. I look forward to coming back in 2020 with lots of new energy and rolled-up sleeves!

Until then, I and the NSO team wish you a fun-filled holiday season and best wishes for a happy New Year!

Nicklas Wägerth

1 Comment
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: