Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
KJ Rossavik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The NSO SDWAN CFP 1.2.0 release is available is now available on CCO under Network Services Orchestrator 4.7.

The SDWAN CFP enables automation of Cisco SD-WAN (Viptela) networks that require multi-tenancy, large scale, dynamic creation of vManage/vSmart/vBond vControllers on Openstack, dynamic creation of vEdge Cloud and other VNFs, and APIs for device templates for vEdge and vControllers, and vSmart policies.

This release includes the following new features:

• Supports NFVIS 3.9.1, as well as continuing support for 3.8.x and 3.6 x
  • Supports the Viptela 17.2.7 and 18.3.0 releases
  • Brownfield support for vEdge and vControllers
  • Automatic Certificate Installation
  • Viptela Multi-tenant Support
  • Tenant creation/deletion on vManage

The NSO SDWAN CFP is ideally suited for a Service Provider that wants to offer an SD-WAN managed service. It enables the MSP to fully automate the delivery of this service and to provision a new SD-WAN network with appliance-based and virtualized branches in a matter of (tens of) minutes!

4 Comments
mhemmatp
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello all, 

I am newbie to SDWAN and almost NSO. I saw core FP SDWAN. Actually, I am going to figure out the relation of NSO and SDWAN. Does this package allows NSO and SDWAN communication. Since NSO is already an orchestrator and SDWAN already has orchestrator (i.e., vBond). What is the goal of FP SDWAN? 

Thanks,

Kind Regards,

KJ Rossavik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The NSO SDWAN CFP is a component for automation of Cisco SDWAN. It is now at version 1.4 (March 2019). It is primarily targeted towards (Managed) Service Providers. The CFP is a TAC supported product which can be used to build SDWAN automation solutions. It aims to provide 80%, leaving 20% to be provided by AS, partners, or built by the SP themselves. This means lower development cost, shorter development times, and shorter TTM.

The SDWAN CFP features include

• Large scale
  • Multi-tenancy
  • Controller (vManage, vBond, vSmart) spin-up in private data centers
  • Management of vSmart policies
  • Management of  device CLI templates
  • Onboarding of vEdge and cEdge appliances via vManage, and sync into the SDWAN CFP
  • Spin-up and management of vEdge Cloud, ISRv, CSRv VNFs in service chains with other Cisco and 3rd party VNFs on NFVIS devices
  • Spin-up and management of vEdge Cloud on Openstack

mhemmatp
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for your reply.  According to what I understood, it acts to facilitate the management of SDWAN, and NSO does not take any role for controlling the network. I mean still vBond and vSmart are controlling the network and I install CPF to connect to SDWAN and manage it more easily. Am I right?

Thanks,

Kind Regards, 

KJ Rossavik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's right. If you're an Enterprise, then you would generally manage your Cisco SD-WAN using vManage/vSmart/vBond. The problems we are solving with the NSO SDWAN CFP is to enable an SP to deliver this as a managed service. In that case you will have multiple instances of vManage/vSmart/vBond, perhaps hosted in your private datacenter. Hence you need to scale beyond a single set of controllers, as well as managing tenants. You also need API access to configure the edge routers and controllers, and this is provided by the SDWAN CFP. You may also want to run virtual, VNF form factor versions of the SD-WAN edge routers, perhaps together with other VNFs from Cisco or other vendors, and again, this is a feature of the SD-WAN CFP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: