Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Nicklas Wagerth
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Developer Days 2020 is over. With 1,998 registered attendees it was a huge success! We now have more than 20 hours of on-demand content from our fantastic speakers on YouTube. Soon, you will be able to find this material along with previous Developer Days content on our DevNet site!

We hope you liked the experience we provided this year when we were not able to meet in-person. I like to tell you a little bit about what happened behind the scene before the event. During a couple of months, we basically converted a registration tool into a fully-fledged event platform. I am not going into the details but numerous workarounds had to be put in place by one single person. Our superhero is Emily Raynes from the Cisco event team (GSMM)!

To accommodate the level of engagement she also helped us setting up the Cisco Event App mastering the sync between the web, setting up games, push notifications, polls, and more. Speaking about the game! Yes, the winners are announced in this mail. Just keep on reading!

Apart from all the technical challenges our small team had to work with changing the attendee behaviors, to get the engagement going, which we think is so important for this community. Not only did we trust people to register and log on to the web and find the live stream, but we also trusted people to use the app to engage, find the WebEx links and successfully log on to the app! Yes, I know we had a broken link and some people reported that they did not have the prepopulated password. Overall, I think it went very well. You made it and the very positive feedback that we have received indicates that!

So, the people I especially want to express my gratitude to, are all members of the core-team; Connie Bordanaro, Emily Raynes, and Jan Lindblad! It is amazing what you can do with a team 4! Of course, we have had many people helping us with everything from speaking, moderating, hosting live tracks, recording, posting on YouTube, and much, much more. Everyone counts so a BIG thank you to everyone who contributed and to all of you in the community who attended. Without you, we would be nothing! I also want to thank or ecosystem partners and sponsors for the event! 

Finally, to the winners of the game. It was a very tight competition, indeed! Congratulation to the winners!

(I apologize if I said anything else before and Thanks Uwe for correcting me.)

Screenshot 2020-06-26 at 17.14.05.png

Well-deserved and thank you all for engaging!

7 Comments
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: