cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

aci device sync-from fails

yli7
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We built a ACI emulator, after adding it to NSO, the "sync-from" always fails with the following error:

request devices device apic1 sync-from

result false

info Failed to connect to device apic1: connection refused: Error on line 430: invalid value for: scope in /devices/device/config/cisco-apicdc:apic/cisco-apicdc:fabricInst/cisco-apicdc:monFabricPol/cisco-apicdc:monFabricTarget/cisco-apicdc:scope

I tried it on the cisco-apicdc NED version 18 - 20, all same error, anyone knows a solution? Is it a NED issue?

4 Replies 4

alam.bilal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looks like the APICDC NED doesn't understand the set value at the cisco-apicdc:scope field for this APIC.

The NED needs to be updated.

I had a quick look at the YANG model and the monFabricTarget-scope-t is an enumeration. Probably missing the value that is set for your case.

Raise a ticket and get the "scope" value that is being set here added in.

If this is a lab environment and want to just "hack it out to make progress:

1. remove the problematic scope value configuration from your APIC

2. Or Update the YANG model and add in the value that is being used to the monFabricTarget-scope-t enumeration and recompile the NED. Followed by a packages reload in NSO.

I'm seeing this error when trying to perform a sync from on an APIC running v3.0(2h). The NED I'm running is cisco-apicdc 3.0.23.

I'm happy to raise a ticket if you can point me in the right direction.

Hi There,

There is a guide on how to raise a TAC ticket

I'll try attach a version of that guide here (once I figure how to attach files). There might be newer ones around.

Regards,

Bilal.

Here is the link:

nso-tac-support-guide.pdf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: