Views
Helpful
Replies

Any example on LSA action conversion

schalaga
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Experts,

I have an action which is implemented for monolithic application. I need to convert this action to support LSA having thr package in CFS and RFS nodes. Any examples can help a lot.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Dan.Sullivan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Well monolithic actions that create services don't translate all that well to LSA and in fact you probably shouldn't consider moving forward with that design concept. What you will need to do is to essentially terminate the action(s) on the CFS and dispatch the services to the appropriate device node(s).

NSO has a number of features that you will want to leverage as part of LSA and action based service deployments will severely complicate your ability to do that.

-Dan

Dan, thanks for the response. This action basically adds/on-boards new devices in NSO and commits bare minimum config so that these devices are ready to accept service configs. Services are being converted to LSA architecture.

This action was taking care of addition of devices in case of NSO clustering but with LSA things have changed. So what would you think should be best approach in this case?

Hi Imran,

For those operations, actions are fine. As in the case of services you can have an action on the service node call the device node action. In these cases just add your actions to the device node schema. The actions can then be called just as you would call any device action.

I posted a blog about reconciling services and attached an example of a service node action calling a device node action. Maybe that would help.

-Dan

Thanks for the response Dan. Can you please share the link to blog post? Somehow I am unable it find it.

Imran, I search for "LSA" in the NSO developer Hub and found Dan's blog post. I think this is the one:

Reconciling out-of-band changes with NSO Service Configuration

/Nicklas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: